As a multidisciplined engineering organisation the client provides a wide range of services for the resources sector. Senior management has a wealth of relevant industry experience which is applied to all aspects of the organisation.
The client includes amongst its team a range of project management personnel with substantial experience in the management of major projects, as well as professional engineers in all disciplines and design and detail drafting personnel. Further key members of the organisation are the workshop crews and the highly experienced site construction teams who carry out the on site installation works.
Engineering and Project Management
Fabrication and Machining
The client had out grown their existing IT company so they went to market for a replacement. Focus Networks were the successful candidate. Work started on implementing a new system following these stages:
- Business grade dual Internet connections and firewall at Head Office to deliver a higher uptime for email and ALL remote site connectivity.
- Business grade dual Internet connections and firewall at Remote Site A to deliver a higher uptime for access back to Head Office.
- Remotely managed uninterruptable power supplies at Head Office and Remote Site A to gracefully shutdown equipment in the event of a power outage.
- Primary and backup domain controllers at Head Office to serve data faster to users. Exchange email capabilities for roaming mobile users.
- LTO tape drive and NAS device to backup data more efficiently.
- Backup domain controller at Remote Site A for the replication of data offsite to minimize the restore time of data in the event of a catastrophe.
- Terminal Server placement at Head Office for core applications and full “out of office”experience for remote users.
At its peak, the client had 70 users located in Perth and 10 users located remotely. Support hours total 18 per week which includes onsite and remote support. Project work is additional to these figures. A typical week would see 20 helpdesk calls being logged.